Following is a checklist that you can use to help you evaluate each facility that you visit. Some items/features may be more important to you than others. We have tried to provide a general guideline to help you get started.
· Is the location of the facility convenient for relatives and friends to visit?
· Is it located in a neighborhood where you or visitors would feel safe?
· Does the exterior of the building look inviting?
· Does the owner of the facility reside locally?
· Is the staff welcoming and helpful?
· Is the interior designed attractively?
· Does the staff interact warmly with the residents?
· Are there comfortable areas outdoors to sit?
· Is the layout of the facility easy to navigate and understand?
· Are all accommodations located on one floor?
· Is the facility well maintained?
· Are there activities available for the residents?
· What is the ratio of staff to residents?
· Is there an emergency call system throughout the facility?
· Are there different types of accommodations available?
· Is there a variety of meals?
· Can you see a copy of the menu/meal plan?
· What services are included in the monthly rate?
· Can you see a copy of the activities schedule?
· Is there a way to obtain prescriptions?
· What is the admission criteria?
· Is there a written plan of care?
· How often are the rates increased?
· How often do the owners visit?
· What is the discharge policy?
Haven Home Assisted Living
7395 Rockingham Road
Mentor, Ohio 44060
"On the outside it looks like a house...
.....on the inside, it feels like HOME!"